Sunday, March 27, 2011

Today at 850.

I catered JGumbo's for a small group of friends. JG's was voted by the Louisville's Eccentric Observer (henceforth known as the LEO) as the #1 Cajun Restaurant in the 'Ville. Hey, that's from the annual Reader's Choice Survey. So, people have a year to think about it. Needless to say, I hooked it up with some quality grub.

This is Drunken Chicken. Yes, the name reveals that it's made with some quality brew. However, not to fear. The alcohol turns to grease and settles in small pools on the surface of the dish, giving that intestinal tract an additional boost. But, hey, mi bano su bano.

Ah, here we meet Bumblebee Stew. It's sweet at first, then it gets spicy. Just how Cajuns like it, I guess. Seriously, though. It's one of my all time faves.

Abita Root Beer. Tasty and straight from Louisiana. We went all out N'Oleans style.

And, I'm happy to introduce you to a preview of the new heavens and new earth: Cinnamon Bread Pudding with Rum Sauce. Though calm on the outside, I tempted to use mild profanity with every bite! It's that good. Hey, I said mild profanity. Relax.

@#$%!!!! (translation: "Ridiculous!!!")

Anyway. All this to say: it's wise to be my friend.

Till next episode.
Ep

1 comment:

Adam Cates said...

Wow, that last picture of the bread pudding looks so good. Bring some to TX the next time you come.