Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Buble in the 'Ville June 4th!!!


I just saw in today's LEO that Michael Buble is coming back to Louisville on June 4th to the KFC Yum! Center. Okay, listen, I went to his show back in 09 and it was quite possibly one of the greatest things I've ever been a part of. There are just those moments when you know you're in the presence of something great. I mean, there's nothing quite like hearing a voice as pure as Michael Buble's live in concert. No computer aid. No sound assistance. Just voice and a big jazz band and well-written love songs. I really couldn't believe what I was hearing. I stood in awe the whole time--and I'm not really like that. I play football. I like to shoot fireworks out of season. Getting a shot doesn't make me queezy. I don't cry when babies are born. But, Michael Buble? Love songs? No, listen. Like, it literally took me days to recover! I played his CDs full volume non-stop. Car rides were utilized for perfecting "Me-ee a-and Mrs., Mrs. Jones." I spent hours on YouTube trying to recapture that concert experience. People, this concert changed my life.

All that to say, he's coming back and I haven't decided if I'm desperate enough to buy tickets for just me and go alone. Would that be questionable? Well while you think about it, see a little bit of what I'm talking about. When another man serenades me, I gotta give him props. I chose a video that may capture better what this experience was like. Come to your own conclusions, but I'm sold.

And people, watch the whole thing.

No comments: